We are moving servers....

Useful league information and announcements from the V8 Thunder Admin Team.
Ian-S
Name: #8 - Ian Smythe

We are moving servers....

Post by Ian-S »

We are moving servers, hosting package and server location at the end of the month (this is a forced migration so we don't have a choice), this is the same hosting company as we've been with for years and will hopefully put an end to all the issues we've been having recently.

So if there are any issues around the 31st this will be why, if something does happen we'll keep in contact through Discord and the Facebook page, so if you have not already done so, signup through the link above.

In the meantime I've had one report of the main website being redirected to a website called affiliatecavern.com, I have not been able to replicate this myself so would assume that there is a DNS error somewhere and will create a ticket with the host and see if they know what is going on. If you're experiencing this too please let me know, also try http://php8.v8thunderonline.co.uk and see if that resolves the issue in the short term.

Thanks.
#8 - Ian Smythe

SteveS
Name: #31 Steve Smith

Re: We are moving servers....

Post by SteveS »

I can get to the forum today but not the main page - but your link above seems to work :)

Ian-S

Post by Ian-S »

I have no idea what’s going on with them tbh.
#8 - Ian Smythe

Ian-S

Post by Ian-S »

Just as an update to this, the server move will be taking place on the 9th/10th April 2024.

This happens to be the very week where I am away, because of this there will be no race email sent out for the races that week.

Everything should move over without any issues, the website and forum is fully php8 compliant now, so if something goes wrong it's Godaddy's fault (not our first choice as host, but they bought out TSO last year and have been migrating everybody into their service ever since).

I will not be back until the 12th so if the server does go down I won't be able to fix it until then, Bruce will keep you updated on Martinsville race details via Discord, even if the website goes down, unless Bruce says different on Discord, assume the Trophy race will be going ahead as normal on the 11th.

I'm not sure if the SSL is being transferred over so I will disable this before the move. Godaddy is about as clear as mud on these things.
#8 - Ian Smythe

Ian-S

Post by Ian-S »

They still haven't completed this but I'm guessing the slowness and/or non-responsiveness of the server over the last few days is them doing it. I'm guessing there are a lot of websites to transfer over.

I'm taking daily backups just incase but I guess until I get an email to say the move has been completed, we just have to ride this out.
#8 - Ian Smythe